Ashtanga Practice Guidelines
- It’s best to practice on an empty stomach.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
- Bring a small clean towel.
- Please shower before practice.
- Please ensure your mat & clothing are fresh & clean.
- Please refrain from wearing scented deodorants or perfumes.
- Let us know about any medical conditions/injuries.
Traditionally in Ashtanga yoga one does not practice for the first trimester. Please let us know immediately if you think you may be pregnant and we will guide you as to how to modify your practice for the second and third trimester.
Also, traditionally in Ashtanga yoga one does not practice for the first 2 or 3 days of your menstrual cycle. It is recommended that you observe these days of rest.
Above all, enjoy your practice!